11:11

 


You will always be my 11:11 thought even if I am no longer yours…

They say, when the numbers of the time are in unison, your guardian angel is closest to you – you must make your best wishes for it to come true. I believed in this as a child. As I see 11:11 on the clock, I tend to wish for my mom’s long life, for good health and the like.

But as time passes by, I have met a lot of people that changed my perception on this. It is not the time in unison that makes your wishes do come true. It is not the only time your angel is closest to you. As a Christian, you are always close to God so as my faith in Him grows, my belief in 11:11 vanishes.

However, there was someone who then again made me believe it was true; who made it special to me – special in a way that I waited for it most of the time. I yearned for it every day. It became my favorite time of the day…

…not until he left.

I was left in sorrow. I was left miserable. I was left in despair. I was left alone, again.

As 11:11 strikes on the clock, I was reminded of him. I still get butterflies in my stomach remembering the wishes we made together, the plans until we’re over and the promises of forever. He made me feel loved for a while then left me hanging by a thread for the rest of the days.

Melancholic as it is but my 11:11 thought turned out to be just another 12:51.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The One That Got Away